Oils are excellent moisturizers that help to lock in hydration plus they pack a punch of nutrition to your skincare routine. But why use oils? And which ones? Keep on reading!
Here are some benefits of incorporating natural oils into your skincare regimen:
- Use as a pre-cleanser to protect skin barrier before cleansing.
- They are multi-use. Many oils can be used on skin, hair, and body, and some you can even eat (like grapeseed oil).
- Help to naturally clear acne, moisturize, and prevent fine lines + wrinkles.
- Bring on board tons of nutrients like vitamins B, E, and minerals like chromium, copper, and zinc - all helpful in establishing a healthy skin barrier for glowy skin.
Some things to consider when choosing an oil:
- Opt for organic where possible. Organic means that the plants were sprayed with safer pest repelling sprays, if any, while being grown so they don’t disrupt our bodily systems.
- Check your labels for filler ingredients like mineral oil, alcohols, or silicones.
- You get what you pay for. The less expensive the oil, the more filler (and unsafe) ingredients tend to be in the mix.
- Test the oil on the far back corner of your jawline near your ear to check for any sensitivities or unwanted irritation before applying over your entire face.
Here are some oils we recommend depending on if you have acne prone skin and the condition your skin is in (dry, oily, combination, or normal):